- Product Class
- Contact us
- BYJ FURNITURE(HONGKONG) CO.,LTD
Add:huzhou Industry zone, lishui,Nanhai,Guangzhou, China
Tel:0086-0-136 607 77542
- News ---- good and comfortable style furniture
- Contemporary style furniture
Contemporary Style Basics:
Contemporary style is easily recognizable for its simple and sleek lines. It is distinguishable from a traditional style in that there is hardly any intricate detail or carving, while lines are either hard edged or gently curved. Finishes can be in all tones, from very light to dark. Traditional and non traditional materials are used, and often combined, and new concepts and materials are explored.
Urban furniture is designed for city-dwellers with smaller living spaces. For that reason pieces tend be smaller in scale, but sophisticated and well designed. Urban style is defined by
- Striking lines and shapes
- Very little ornamentation
- Black along with a range of bright or primary colors
- A range of materials such as metal, light wood, glass, leather and microfiber
Retro is a whimsical look at recently bygone eras from the 1950s to the 1980s. What is termed retro today was fashionably modern when it first came out.
- One piece modular plastic chairs
- Formica-topped tables, chrome bar stools, furniture reminiscent of 1950s diners
- Boomerang tables and space-age / Sputnik style
- Items with kitschy, pop culture flavor
Art Deco :
Art Deco furniture is defined by elegant lines and curves without any of the intricate carvings of traditional furniture. A unique style was created using luxurious materials with synthetic ones and as a result the look is not overly formal.
- Exotic leathers, silver and gold leaf, mother-of-pearl, ivory and lacquers mixed with relatively cheap contemporary metals, glass, mirrors, synthetic plastics and resins.
- Elegant and streamlined
- Light finishes and lacquer, medium toned woods
- Mirrored and chromed surfaces
Stark and simple designs that are almost sculptural in quality, define the mid-century modern style. Some famous names associated with this style are designers like Ray and Charles Eames, George Nelson and Saarinen. The defining characteristics that capture the essence of this style are
- Form follows function
- Little or no ornamentation, with uncluttered and sleek lines
- Use of traditional material, such as wood, and non-traditional materials such as metal, glass, vinyl, plywood, Plexiglass and Lucite
- Juxtaposing materials to explore texture
- A vast range of color, from neutral to bold, including black and white
Casual Contemporary :
Casual contemporary is a relaxed, softer, updated style that does not have the hard edges of the more formal mid-century modern style.
- Rounded and eased edges
- Medium wood tones, glass, and leather with a range of textures in fabrics
- Soft or overstuffed surfaces and pillow tops on sofas
- Copyright © 2007-2008 BJY furniture (Hongkong) Co. Ltd.